Below are select, recent knowledge mobilization activities of our Co-Investigators and broader team (bolded).
For a full list of publications by individual Co-Investigators prior to the formation of the collaborative, see their respective pages:
RECENT JOURNAL ARTICLES & CHAPTERS
- Babando, J., Quesnel, D.A., Woodmass, K., Lomness, L., Graham, J.R. (2021). Responding to pandemics and other disease outbreaks in homeless populations: A review of the literature and content analysis. Health and Social Care in the Community. https://doi.org/10.1111/hsc.13380
- Shier, M.L., Graham, J.R., & Keogh, J. M. (2019). Social work and the emerging opioid epidemic: a literature review. The British Journal of Social Work, 49(7), 1759-1777.
- MacKinnon, K., Pauly, B., Shahram, S.Z., Wallace, B., Urbanoski, K., Gordon, C., … & Pagan, F. (2019). Health Equity-oriented Approaches to Inform Responses to Opioid Overdoses: A Scoping Review Protocol. JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, 17(5): 640-653.
- Mema S.C., Frosst G., Bridgeman J., Drake H., Dolman C., Lappalainen L., & Corneil T. (2019). Mobile supervised consumption services in Rural British Columbia: lessons learned. Harm Reduction Journal, 16(1):4.
- Myrah, K., Rempel, K., & Warner, D. (June, 2019). MP Maintenance: Developing a Marketing Strategy for a Social Enterprise. International Journal of Case Studies in Management, 17(2), 1-19.
- Smirl, J.D., Jones, K.E., Copeland, P., Khatra, O., Taylor, E., & van Donkelaar, P. (2019). Characterizing symptoms of traumatic brain injury in survivors of intimate partner violence. Brain Injury, 33(12):1529-1538.
- Myrah, K., Rempel, K., & Warner, D. (Winter, 2017). Howard Industries: A Social Enterprise Worth Continuing? Case Research Journal, 37(1), 1-22
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS & PROCEEDINGS
- Myrah, K., & Rempel, K. (October, 2020). “Change in the time of COVID: Determining how a lived experience circle on homelessness adapts their team development model”. North American Case Research Association 2020 Annual Conference. [Gold Case]
- Social Policy and Advocacy Committee Roundtable on Canada’s National Housing Crisis at the CASWE-ACFTS Annual Conference at the Congress by the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences (June 4, 2019). John Graham and Stephanie Laing presenting on the Kelowna Homelessness Research Collaborative.
- Myrah, K., Wheeler, S., & Roy, D. (November, 2019). Moving from Collaboration to Action: the Story of Journey Home Kelowna. Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness – National Conference, Edmonton, AB.
Rempel, K. (2019). Community Based Research – Mapping for Change, Presentation in Ripe Conference, 2019 – Okanagan College
Rempel, K. (2019). Can a Map Lead to Social Change, Presentation in UBCO Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference
- Myrah, K., and Bell, M. (June, 2018). Journey Home: Addressing Homelessness in Kelowna, BrainX Symposium on Brain Injury, Kelowna, BC.
- Myrah, K. (April 2018). Panelist. Homelessness and the Opioid Crisis, Business Improvement Association of BC Annual Conference, Kelowna, BC.